Monday, July 15, 2013

Dean Toriumi Reviews: Patient presented with a deviated nose, dorsal hump, droopy tip and nasal obstruction.

Testimonial #14

This patient presented with a deviated nose, dorsal hump, droopy tip and nasal obstruction. She wanted her breathing corrected and her nose improved by removing the hump, lifting the tip and straightening the nose. She also wanted her nasal tip refined.

Throughout my childhood and adult life, I was never pleased with the shape of my nose. I would catch my profile's reflection in a mirror or view it in a photograph and cringe at the bump and the tip's bulbous nature. This masculine nose that looked perfectly normal on my father, did not blend with the rest of my face. As breathing became more of a challenge as an adult, I knew that if I were to surgically repair my severely deviated septum, the procedure would also include a cosmetic alteration to improve the appearance of my nose. Knowing I needed a doctor who was both medically and cosmetically skilled limited my options, but I still consulted with various surgeons on the North Shore and Chicagoland area. Within minutes of meeting Dr. Toriumi, I knew I found my surgeon. 

Dr. Toriumi put my medical needs above all cosmetic requests. Dr. Toriumi was adamant that my quality of life be first and foremost and the cosmetic aspect, while still important, is secondary. That said, the cosmetic requests I had were perfected to a "T". The computer version of what Dr. Toriumi created for me during our consultations (smoothing my bump and lifting and shrinking the bulbous tip) is exactly how I look today. I wanted to still recognize myself. I didn't want to alter the entire look of my face by substituting my nose with that of a supermodel celebrity. I just wanted to improve the imperfections of my nose. Dr. Toriumi is just that….a perfectionist….a true artist. To trust your face to the hands of who was only months ago was a stranger is a very trying matter, but I had 100% confidence in Dr. Toriumi and his team and my nose today is proof he is a master of his work. My breathing is completely repaired and when I look in the mirror, I still look like me….just a better version. 

The experience of working with Dr. Toriumi, his team of nurses and staff was and continues to be a pleasant experience. Everyone exhibits professionalism, friendly attitudes and welcoming hearts. You are always treated with great respect and kindness. I would recommend Dr. Toriumi to anyone and will forever sing his praises.
~ L.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment