Thursday, July 18, 2013

Dean Toriumi Reviews: Severe nasal tip deformity and severe nasal obstruction after three previous rhinoplasties

Testimonial #17

This patient presented with a severe nasal tip deformity and severe nasal obstruction after three previous rhinoplasties. The patient underwent reconstruction with rib cartilage and complex internal nostril grafting. Postoperatively the patient did well and the contour of her tip is much improved and the nasal function is dramatically improved.

During my late teenage years and early twenties I had three previous surgeries reshaping the tip of my nose. That was over twenty years ago and I was left with no profile and a severe breathing problem. I had stopped looking at my nose, but as I aged the skin on the sides of my nostrils would collapse as I breathed in and restricted the airflow even more. 

I was referred to Dr. Toriumi by my cousin who knew that I was extremely afraid of another surgery. During my consultation, Dr. Toriumi said that he could rebuild my nose and elongate the tip utilizing my rib cartilage. He put me at ease assuring me that he could improve both my breathing and the shape of my nose. I trusted his judgment with the size and shaping that would be appropriate for my face. 

There was little to no pain after the surgery and the incision and site where my rib cartilage was removed healed quickly leaving an undetectable line. Throughout the healing process Dr. Toriumi and his staff have answered all my questions and I have received exemplary care. Following my surgery I have had regular appointments with Dr. Toriumi assessing my progress and I am thrilled with the outcome of my surgery. I feel that my breathing problem has been corrected and I am pleased with the look of my nose.
~ D.L.

No comments:

Post a Comment