Friday, July 26, 2013

Dean Toriumi Reviews: A collapsed nose due to previous surgery and nasal trauma

Testimonial #22

This patient presented with a collapsed nose due to previous surgery and nasal trauma. She has severe nasal obstruction and a pinched middle nasal vault. Because of her previous surgery her septum was depleted and deviated. We used costal cartilage to reconstruct her nose and correct her nasal airway obstruction.

I read all the complaints and was in complete shock. I had a wonderful experience and I wish you could see my nose. My friends tell me I have taken years off my looks and my nose is straight and thin. I was referred to Dr. Toriumi by a friend and I have never been happier. I broke my nose for the third time and the damage was extensive. My ENT told me I would need another surgery and he said he could fix the inside but the damage was extensive and maybe I should see a plastic surgeon. I had already had one compromise surgery and wasn't sure I wanted to try again. Since Dr. T was recommended I decided to see him. He explained everything to me and spent over 6 hours in surgery trying to repair all the damage. He had to take part of a rib bone to rebuild the nose. I had the surgery done in October, 2007. I hadn't been able to breathe from my nose properly since I broke my nose the first time. Now, I can breathe and my nose is narrow and straight. It looks good and does work. I also had some bone buried in the back of head but it bothered me and I had the Dr. remove it. Dr. T has been nothing but nice and caring. He doesn't waste time in small chat but that's o.k. with me because I know he cares about me and my problems. He does have me come back every four months but that works because he had to correct some things that didn't show up right away. I had three bumps on my nose that he fixed with a needle shave in the office. 

As for his staff, I have never found a nicer group of people. Starting with Patty at the reception desk to Jan and Pat (nurse) they are friendly, always remember me, and want an update on how I am doing. I think they are one of the reasons I don't mind going back so often. I think anyone looking for a good caring doctor would be happy with Dr. T.

~ M.N.


No comments:

Post a Comment