Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dean Toriumi Reviews: Secondary Rhinoplasty

Testimonial #16

This patient presented to our office requesting secondary rhinoplasty. She had severe nasal obstruction with a blocked left nostril. Her nasal obstruction had worsened over time. Her nasal tip was asymmetric and deviated. We repaired her nose using a rib cartilage graft and corrected her deviated nasal septum.

I initially visited Dr. Toriumi a little over a year ago, having had an initial rhinoplasty approximately 20 years earlier. That first surgery was intended to improve my breathing, but I developed a growing nasal obstruction that was increasingly impeding my breathing once again as well as creating an obvious asymmetry in my appearance. I knew I would probably need a secondary surgery at some point, so about 10 years ago, I asked a physician friend of mine that I trusted who she would recommend for this type of procedure. Without missing a beat, she said, “Dean Toriumi. He’s perfection.” It took me another 10 years for the problem to become severe enough for me to consider another surgery, but when that time came, those words rang in my ears and I went straight to the man I knew was perfect for the job. 


My experience with Dr. Toriumi and his staff could not have been better. He immediately assessed my situation and in a very open, honest and straightforward manner, he explained the probable extent of the surgery, the general procedure, and what I could expect. He did a careful intake of what my expectations and desires were as well, which was a clear indication that this was a collaborative effort and put me very much at ease. 



My results have been spectacular. Not only has my breathing finally improved, but I couldn’t be more pleased with the cosmetic results we achieved. Dr. Toriumi restored the symmetry to my nose and refined it in a way that makes me feel my most beautiful. At each follow up visit, I am greeted by his friendly, professional and informative staff and am given the same time and respect that I was afforded at that initial consultation. Dr. Toriumi is a true artist and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for perfection.
~ L.M.






No comments:

Post a Comment