Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Dean Toriumi Reviews: Severely scarred nose and a poorly projected nasal tip

Testimonial #21

This patient presented with a severely scarred nose and a poorly projected nasal tip. Multiple prior surgeries left the patient with a wide nose, poorly defined nasal tip and severe under-projection. Correction required use of costal cartilage grafting and increased tip structure.

I had a rhinoplasty many years ago. It resulted in a small nose with airway blockage on the right side. The surgeon passed away a few months after my procedure and his surgical associate performed a number of corrections throughout the years, which resulted in a smaller nose, continued blockage and scar tissue. I gave up on the idea of ever having a decent looking nose that functioned normally. Dr. Toriumi performed nose surgery on two colleagues at work and the results were beautiful. I read about Dr. Toriumi's success with secondary rhinoplasty procedures in Chicago Magazine and decided to make an appointment for a consultation. During the consultation he told me he would get me to where I needed to be. I had surgery and for the first time in my life, I was able to breathe through both sides of my nose. I was so happy with the results that I decided to have a facelift and blepharoplasty the following year. It doesn't look as though I had surgery. My face and eyes look so natural. The scars healed so well, there is no evidence that was cut. Unfortunately, I had an accident while on vacation. I walked into a glass door and broke my nose. Dr. Toriumi performed nose surgery again. I had no available cartilage and so he used costal cartilage to lengthen my nose. The results are incredible. I can breathe perfectly and my nose is a work of art. I never thought I would have such a beautiful and well functioning nose. Dr. Toriumi is a master of his craft. He has always treated me with respect and listened to my concerns. His staff is friendly, professional and compassionate. I would give the entire experience an A+.
~ H.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment