Monday, July 22, 2013

Dean Toriumi Reviews: Requesting a narrower nose and correction of her bulbous nasal tip

Testimonial #19

This patient presented to our office requesting a narrower nose and correction of her bulbous nasal tip. She also wanted her dorsal hump removed. She had a weak chin and a chin implant was recommended. Postoperatively she did well with nice narrowing of her nose and improved profile alignment.

My experience with Dr. Dean Toriumi was exceptional. On my initial visit, he spent time with me and my husband until we were completely comfortable with the procedure and discussed numerous options and enhancements that he felt we could make following his very thorough examination. Dr. Toriumi explained them all in full detail and made us feel very welcome in his office. Even though it was our initial meeting with Dr. Toriumi, he made us all feel like we had known him for years. I chose Dr. Toriumi because I had heard that he was the doctor who performed everyone’s repairs. Prior to coming to Chicago for my initial consultation, I had done a lot of research, speaking with cosmetic surgeons around the country, and Dr. Toriumi’s name kept coming up as “the best.” As we sat in his waiting room, we spoke with another patient who had just had Dr. Toriumi do a major repair of a bungled rhinoplasty. She was a surgical nurse, and shared how her extensive research for someone to do her repairs had landed her in Dr. Toriumi’s office because he was the best surgeon anywhere. As anxious as I had been about having cosmetic surgery, I determined that if I went to the best, I would not have any issues. 

Before I even traveled to Chicago, I was met with a warm welcome by Dr Toriumi’s entire staff including terrific support every step of the way from Pat and Patty. They even visited me in the recovery room after my surgery. Pat and Patty did everything possible to accommodate my travel schedule and juggle Dr. Toriumi’s hectic surgical and office schedules for all of my follow up visits as well. Not once have I ever felt that Dr. Toriumi’s busy calendar came first. I have always been treated with the utmost care and respect like a guest in an upscale hotel – not like a patient. Dr. Toriumi and his staff have done everything possible to assist us with every facet of my care and make us feel comfortable every step of the way. 

I loved the setup of having Dr. Toriumi’s office and the surgical center in the same building as the hotel where I recuperated. This made everything more comfortable for me and easier on my family. Following surgery, I was wheeled directly from recovery to my bed in the hotel. This made the return to Dr. Toriumi the following morning for my first post-surgery visit as pleasant as it could be. What I have also found most remarkable is that the quality and high level of care I received has not diminished as time has passed. With each follow up visit, Dr. Toriumi spends a great deal of time with me, answers every question I ask and gives me a sense of comfort and well-being that everything is progressing well. The follow up care has been terrific. My entire experience has been fabulous, and I would highly recommend Dr. Toriumi. Everything about my surgery and Dr. Toriumi’s care has exceeded my expectations, and I am grateful.

~ E.L.


No comments:

Post a Comment